Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Minivan Mama


We did it! We bought ourselves a minivan (with only a small amount of guilt). This means that Mama and children will not be stranded in the house all day, every day. There is the possibility of escape! There is the possibility of sanity! There is the possibility that I won't have to break my wrists or my back pushing that double stroller uphill! If the children are biting each other or biting the house, we can leave. If Mama only wants to do four loads of laundry, she can go do something else.
We have been a one-car family for five years now (and a no-car family for a year before that). Now we can go to the library, the park, the bookstore, the toy store...we can visit family, we can volunteer...the possibilities are endless. Have I convinced everyone (i.e. myself) that this purchase was justified?

1 comment:

Sara and Company said...

Yay, yay, yay!!! You so have earned that. Congrats!