Saturday, June 13, 2009

Thanks a lot, Heather!

My friend Heather tagged me, so I'll be gullible and I'll fall for this one. I hope everyone's amused, because I hardly ever do these (doesn't everybody say that?). Oh, well, it gives me something to blog about.

8 things I'm looking forward to:
1. The kids all being at school. First thing on the agenda will be sleeping for a week.
2. Meredith being able to sit up unsupported. My arms will be grateful.
3. Nana meeting Mer for the first time. She was born the day after Nana left.
4. Someday replacing my icky carpet.
5. Seeing what kinds of people my kids grow up to be.
6. Going to SCBWI conference next year, I hope.
7. Wednesdays. Babysitter comes!
8. reading this year's new books by James Dashner and Shannon Hale

8 things I did yesterday:
1. sat on the lawn with the kids
2. broke up fights between the kids and the neighbor's kids
3. read one and a half chapters of Harry Potter 6 to Liam. We're trying to finish before the movie comes out.
4. watched two episodes of As Time Goes By while feeding Mer.
5. tried to remove macaroni from Kyle's nostrils with tweezers. It didn't work, by the way. He needed a good nose pinch and a big sneeze to remove all the pasta.
6. sent a query to The Writer about ergonomic office products
7. wrote a couple of sucky paragraphs in my novel before giving up for the day
8. had a discussion with Mark about whether The Great Mormon Novel can ever be written

8 things I wish I could do:
1. grow perennials instead of killing them
2. finish my novel and get it published
3. earn a good living from writing
4. put my kids in cloth diapers and make their clothes
5. find time to scrapbook. Liam is the only kid who has a scrapbook. The others will just have to think they didn't have any childhoods.
6. visit France and England
7. go out with Mark more often
8. make my sisters move close by

8 shows I watch:
1. Battlestar Galactica
2. Doctor Who
3. As Time Goes By
That's it. I can't stand commercials, so it's all about downloads at our house. I watch As Time Goes By while I feed Mer so I don't get angry that she's keeping me awake.

No comments: