Hmm, I guess I haven't blogged in a while. I've been a little busy doing ever-so-productive things. For example, checking Facebook. You never know how things might change in five minutes. That's why you have to check it at least five times a day.
I've been raising money for my orchestra, the Celebration Chamber Orchestra. So far I've mooched a grand total of 50 bucks from local businesses.
I also constructed a new blog for my flute choir. I played around with the pictures and colors for a while before I finally decided to stick with the original colors in bold. Sometimes simple is best, ya know?
I've been sewing, too, because I went to Jo-Ann's ever-so-innocently for some patterns and came out with some must-have flannel. I decided I'd make a car seat canopy, so then I had to buy some cute (read evil) pink trim. It was pretty on the outside, satanic on the inside. The sewing area was so narrow either the needle would slip off the trim, the trim would slip off the blanket, or both. But the end result is pretty cute, don't you think?
Now I just have to convince the rest of the Etsy world.
I've been writing, too. I recently finished chapter 6 of my WIP rewrite. I'd like to finish it in time for my Nov. writing conference, but I have my doubts.
My current dilemma is changing one of my character's names. I hate that. Whenever I change a name, my mental picture of that character does, too. For instance, I once changed a name from Libby to Amy. The girl lost about thirty pounds, grew, got blonde hair, and got some more eyebrows along with her attitude.
I have to change a character's name because too many characters start with the same letter. Her name's Charlotte, and in my mind she's got dark brown hair and eyes, red cheeks, and a big chest. I tried to change her name to Shauna and then she got all blonde and shy on me. I don't think so. I need to find another name. Sigh...