Thursday, April 24, 2008

I hate it when he's right

My sweet husband told me last night that I need to change the title of Book 1 because it's cheesy. He could have mentioned that before I sent it out six times. My original title was Candied Yams and Canadian Ham. So it rhymes and it's a pun at the same time. You mean book people don't like cutesy?

I'm having a hard time thinking of another one. I'm open to suggestions! The best I've come up with so far is just a shortened version--Candied Yams. Of course, it sounds like a cookbook. But it's the best I've got so far.

2 comments:

Sara and Company said...

I can't even decide on what color paint to put on a wall yet along "the" title of a book. Unfortunately I haven't read it, but it does sound like a cookbook. But then again, it could be the perfect title. Of the two, though, I actually like the longer version. It makes it more of a story and shows depth, catching my interest a little more. Good luck!

Amber Lough said...

Here's an idea: keep the first part as Candied Yams and then pair it up with something that still rhymes but isn't food. There's a book out called Moonpies and Movie Stars, which is cutesy--but it works b/c it's a humorous novel.

Of course, coming from an unpublished writer, take that as you wish! :-)