Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Wannabe

I normally don't fill up my blog with book reviews, but I just read a really good one (book, that is, not blog). It's Catalyst by Laurie Halse Anderson. I couldn't stop reading it. Now I'm going to have to read all her books, and add them all to the library stack. (I complained once to an author about the huge waiting list at the library for Shannon Hale books--whom I also love--and she suggested I buy them and support my local authors. Right. At the rate I read, I'd have to get a home equity loan.) Sometimes, I come across a good book like that and I am so glad I read so much YA literature. And I'm also stinking jealous. I wish I could download her brain. I'd better go read some badly written book to make myself feel better.

3 comments:

Christie said...

I am totally a fan of Laurie Halse Anderson. I love YA fiction...I worked in a jr. high/high school library for three years and devoured the books there. They are a lot different than when we were kids. The issues they write about may surprise a lot of parents, but I believe that they are (mostly) necessary. Gone are the days of swinging by the pond, watching the clouds pass by. Now kids deal with drugs, promiscuity, bullying, peer pressure, and the list could go on and on. Check out Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson. It's a good one.

Sara and Company said...

Oh....I so want to be able to read again. I'll have to keep that book in mind.

KA said...

I read Speak. It was even better than Catalyst. I also read Prom and Twisted, but I didn't like those ones as much. I also like Sarah Dessen. Have you ever read anything by her?