Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Two in the hand is worth one in the garage

I thought that a huge car loan would buy me freedom. But alas, 'tis not so. Right after we got the van, me, my kids, and my husband all got sick. I think Mark spent two or three days of his life last week asleep on the couch. Then, Saturday morning, our car wouldn't start, so now it's visiting the car doctor. Two vehicles...It was a nice thought while it lasted. Let's hope we don't have to buy a new transmission or something. So Mark drove the van to work yesterday and today, and where am I? Here at home.

It's not like I don't have lots to do here. I almost got the flowers trimmed and the leaves raked before the snow hit.

But here's the thing. I know what's going on now. There's a conspiracy to keep me inside my house. Someone is afraid of what will happen if Kaylie escapes and unleashes herself upon the world. So they sabotaged my finances for five years, made me move to where the nearest bus stop is a twenty-minute walk away, and then they got desperate. They saw the van, sneaked into my garage, and did something to the car engine so I couldn't get away.

Isn't it great that my kids are so clever?

1 comment:

Christie said...

I do fear the day when Ms Kaylie unleashes herself upon the world. :) The world needs someone just like you.